Conditions of Hire
The Centre is a building held by Trustees on behalf of the local residents and run by volunteers as a meeting place for local organisations. Whilst charges have to be made for its use, it is a NON-PROFIT making undertaking and registered as a charity. In order to keep it running on an economical basis, hirers are requested to observe the following conditions of use.
1. FIRE PRECAUTIONS:
- Take every precaution to prevent a fire.
- Acquaint yourself with the locations of the fire fighting equipment.
2. EMERGENCY EXITS:
- Keep all emergency exits clear of obstructions.
- Emergency exit lights must be illuminated at all times during the hours of darkness.
3. ELECTRIC HEATERS:
- These are pre-set and thermostatically controlled. DO NOT ADJUST THE CONTROLS.
- Auxiliary heating appliances may be used ONLY with prior application to the booking secretary.
4. LIGHTING AND POWER:
- Please ensure the water heater in the kitchen is switched off prior to leaving the Centre.
- Please ensure that all lights are turned OFF before leaving the Centre.
- Hirers must obtain (and display when required) their own licenses for the sale of alcohol, performing rights, or any other license required by law.
6. NOISE AND NUISANCE:
- Please enjoy the Centre whilst having consideration for other users, and especially the neighbouring residents.
- Keep music to a reasonable level and please be quiet when you leave.
7. DAMAGE AND THEFT:
- The Northcourt Centre reserves the right to make charges against the hirers for any damage, theft, breakages etc, arising from neglect or improper use of the property, fixtures, fittings, or items belonging to the Centre.
- Please take care not to damage the wooden flooring with chairs and tables.
8. SECURITY OF THE BUILDING:
- The hirer will be responsible for ensuring that all windows and doors are secured at the conclusion of the hiring, and that the main entrance to the building within which the premises is situated remains locked unless personally attended.
9. OTHER DETAILS:
- Please use the kitchen, toilets, and other facilities for their proper purposes and leave them as clean and tidy as you found them.
- Northcourt Centre cannot be held responsible for the hygiene or other requirements of the Public Health Acts in respect of or relating to catering by hirers or by Private Caterers employed by them.
- HIRERS ARE ADVISED TO INFORM THEIR CATERERS ACCORDINGLY
- All food and other waste MUST be taken away by the HIRER. We have no means of disposal.
We do NOT allow BOUNCY CASTLES or BALL GAMES
- Where any part of the hiring takes place outside normal opening hours, the hirer is responsible for the collection and prompt return of the keys.
11. ACCESS AND CLOSING TIMES:
- 7 am - 12 Midnight